- Leonardo da Vinci, one of the Italian Renaissance's greatest geniuses, labored over the Mona Lisa for over a decade.
- J.R.R. Tolkien, the English writer, took 14 years to complete Lord of the Rings.
- Al Jarreau, the popular singer, didn't have a hit record until he was 41.
- Saint Augustine, one of the foremost philosopher-theologians of early Christianity, didn't pursue his faith seriously until he was almost 40.
- Rodney Dangerfield, the actor and comedian, didn't get rolling until he was 42 years old.
- Colonel Sanders, the founder of Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC), began his franchise in his sixties.
- Raymond Chandler, the author of crime stories, published his first short story at 45, and his first novel at 50.
Here's your challenge: Make a list of household goods you don't need. Then estimate what your net gain would be if you sold them on eBay.