Gimme a head with hair
Long beautiful hair
Streaming, flaxen, waxen
Give me down to there hair
Shoulder length or longer....
The above is lyrics from the musical "Hair".
I'm trying to grow my hair out. I've been doing this for awhile now. Initially it was growing out solely so that It would be less messy when I worked out and took a cap off. Now, however, I've decided to let it grow out and then donate it to "Locks of Love". The thing with donating my hair is that it has to be 10 inches from the point that it is cut off to the end....that will take a while.
Luckily, I have pretty decent hair. It has some curl to it for when I want to go curly. It styles nicely. My stylists have always told me that it is thick, or rather there is a lot of it. However, it is really fine, so it gets fly-a-way pretty easily.
Unluckily, I'm lazy when it comes to my hair. I've always told my stylists that I don't really care how they cut it as long as it is cute, in fashion, doesn't make me look too masculine (being a slightly bigger girl, this is something I think about), and is easy to care for. I'm a little ADD when it comes to styling my hair. I don't own a curling iron. I don't own a flat iron. I want to be able to dry and style my hair in the length of time for a song to play on the radio, which means less than 5 minutes from turning on the drier to putting the final spritz of hairspray. Longer hair takes slightly longer to style than short hair, and this is something I'm trying to deal with. This morning I realized that I was spending a lot of time round-brushing my hair every morning and then turning around and pulling it up into a pony-tail. Why do I do this? Going forward, there is going to be a lot less round-brushing going on.
I figure at the rate that my hair grows I'll be able to cut it all off this time next year, if not earlier.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Actually, not really thinking so much as wanted to share a random conglomeration of things....
- I found myself the other morning face down on my bed with the top of my head slammed against the wall and my face pushed down in the mattress with my pillows on top of my head. Either there is a ghost in the house that is trying to kill me or I was having a very weird dream about needing to hide from something. No wonder I woke up with a headache.
- Mashed potatoes make me dance. Last night as The King was making them, he gave me a little taste and I started doing my happy dance right there on the spot. A few brief moments ago I caught myself (as did some stranger) dancing again in the kitchenette at the office as my leftovers were heating up in the microwave just thinking about mashed potatoes.
- I have relocated one of my favorite quilt shops here in Texas. I stopped there on Saturday after spending some quality time in my storage unit and ended up purchasing fabric for 2 new quilt tops. One of which I promptly went home and started working on with hopes that it should be completed by this coming weekend....maybe. I also found out that they have long-arm machines that I can rent time on!!
- Dreaming about exercising isn't nearly as hard as actually doing the exercising, although I still think it should count.
- I still really need to get my pictures from my drive up here (or at lease a select few) to share.
- AND, I really need to get my pictures that I took of my nephew's swim meet and niece's marching band performance off my camera and shared with the world. I'm SO proud of both of them.
- I'm very happy that I'm finally getting settled in to a home life...now if I could just get the job situation all sorted out....