Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Obligatory Blog for the Week

I feel that I must blog at least once a week, but I'm having trouble finding topics to actually blog about. So, I'll talk about my plans for the coming year, but first my plans for the remainder of this year....

I only have 9 days before I am on a plane heading back to Texas. This is very exciting for me because I haven't been back there since February, which was also the last time that I saw my family (except for my wonderful sister who came out to California to celebrate my birthday in April). I know that many of you go for much longer periods of time without seeing your families, so nine months really isn't that big of a deal, but to me it feels like an eternity. Before I moved to California, I saw them monthly or at least every six weeks. I also know that my Mom is crazy excited about seeing me again. I am actually going to be staying with the Queen and King B for a couple of days, which I'm also very excited about. I haven't seen them since they stayed with me back in June, although I am in contact with the Queen practically every day. I'm really hoping that the King will cook for me. After two days with the Queen and King and a week with my family, I'm going to fly down to San Antonio and spend a couple of days with a bunch of my friends from college, who I haven't seen in two years. I then will be flying back out to California. Once I'm back out here, I'll be hanging around my own place for a couple of days and then my friend Vanessa and I are driving up to Cloverdale to spend New Year's Eve with her mom in a very quiet manner.

Coming January 5, 2009 I return to the office and am going to try and be very positive and up-beat and start the year off right. I'm hoping that I will pick up some great organization and planning tips from the Queen when I'm with her. With regards to my blog, though, I have purchased a great desktop planner (Do It Later!) with great tips for procrastinating and I plan to share all of those with my readers!!

5 comments:

Jenn Ann said...

AD/Natasha - procrastination must run in the family :)

Queen B said...

yes, I, too, am a great procrastinator :) I am always looking for new tips, though!

Can't wait to see you! I'm very excited! We will definitely get some Kingly cooking in while you're here. Any requests? Jennifer did get chicken al fredo..mmmm.... he also does great healthy stuff, too.

I don't think I go 6 days without seeing my family ;)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am crazy excited about seeing you!!! I am cooking up a storm...starting Monday...this week I have been decorating, finishing stocking for newest family member, and finished my part of the donation quilt!!! Anything special to do while you are here?

Jane said...

Adventrue for Abba!!!!

Kim Thomas said...

I wish I could stay with the Queen and King for awhile!!!!

Sounds like fun. This post makes me grateful to be near my family.