Thursday, April 16, 2009

April 16

On this day in the wee hours of the morning a few years back, two of the best people in the world were blessed with a new bundle of joy...Me!!

Actually, I think it may have been evening and my dad may have been across the street from the sanatorium (yes, I was born in a sanatorium and no my Mom wasn't "that" kinda crazy) having a burger since men weren't allowed in the room during the birth. My mom lied to the doctors and nurses and kept her contacts in her eyes because she wanted to actually see my birth. My sister was at home (she was 3 at the time) with my Grandma V. waiting for her new baby sister or brother to come home.

So this blog is to say Thank You to my family.

Mom and Dad - Obviously I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you. You not only gave me the gift of life but also the gift of humor and the arts and intelligence and all that I am.

Marti - Thanks for being the best sister. Thanks for caring for me as a little kid and sharing everything that you had with me.

There is so much more that I'd like to say about you guys, but "Thank you. You all helped to form me into what I am today. Thank You! I Love You All!"

Oh, and Happy Birthday to Me!

6 comments:

Queen B said...

ABBA family - thank you for giving us ABBA and molding her into such a caring, sweet, funny, blonde, blogging, Aries, Aggie girl.

Andrea said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FRIEND! There is no one with whom I'd be happier to share my name!

Jaye said...

Yes it was a special day and continues to be!! I hope you have had a great day!! We were going to call about 6:00 your time and sing to you but didn't know if you would appreciate it at that hour!!

Love, M & D

Jane said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Paula said...

Hope you had a great day!!!

Kim Thomas said...

this is my favorite "Happy Birthday to me" post to date. I love it!!!!!