Monday, January 4, 2010

2010 Book 1 - The Art Thief

Somebody stopped by my office today and asked what I had done during my two weeks off. I told him that I hadn't done much of anything, aside from reading and quilting. He said that he had a friend who was a big reader and read like 200 books last year and each time she finished a book, she would post on her Facebook. Well, I've decided that I wouldn't post on Facebook when I finished one, but I would do a blog for each book.



This morning I completed The Art Thief by Noah Charney. I would give this book 3 out of 5 stars. It was a fast read and interesting. I was reinformed about the inner workings of the art world. The plot was very convoluted and yet predictable. In general, I would recommend this book if you are looking for a quickie book that you could take on a trip and not feel bad about forgetting in the hotel room or on the plane.

5 comments:

Jaye said...

That is a good idea...I think I will copy you!!! I do use that Shelfari thing, but it takes me too long to keep up with it!

Queen B said...

#1 - I like this idea

#2 - 200 books/year seems unfathomable.... I probably average 30 and think that's a lot! Of course, at least 5 of those are monsterous, boring textbooks...

Jane said...

How about the amount of shows that you have watched tivo'ed?

Andrea said...

Just read the Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve... it was good!

2008 read 175 books. 2009 read 74. Not sure what happened.

Andrea said...

Also, goodreads.com is a good place to track what you've read and want to read.