Thursday, January 28, 2010

All Managers Beware

I just read this article (Bad Bosses - What Kind Are You) and saw way too many of these traits in the managers that I've had in the past. My current managers (and I'm not quite ready to call them leaders because they haven't demonstrated that they can meet that expectation) don't fall into any of these categories...yet.

I wish that this article could be provided to all managers as part of their training (and again as refresher material at least quarterly) so that they can always be reminded of what not to do. I think if more managers avoided being any of these types, then we really would have more leaders.

Just my two cents this morning. Personally, I'm not looking to move into a manager role because I'm pretty certain that I would end up being one of these bad bosses. But for those of you out there in such a role or who aspire to such a role, give this some thought.

2 comments:

Queen B said...

I've always said that I learned more about being a "good" leader from dealing with previous bad ones....

Kim Thomas said...

I echo Queen B