Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Where I've Been, Where I Am, Where I'm Going

I want to apologize to all my loyal readers out there, especially if there are any left, for my prolonged absence. I know there is no excuse for me to not provide an update on a more regular basis, but to be honest, I just plain didn't feel like it. Part of that has been that since my move I've been feeling very discombobulated and out of sorts because I don't have a routine and I couldn't find some things and I was having some internal struggles that kept me from participating out here.

But that is changing, or at least I'm forcing the change that I want to see. What is the Gandhi quote "Be the change you wish to see..."?

Where I've Been? At the office, home, driving back and forth. I did spend about 10 days in Washington D.C., which will be a whole series of posts. It was a trip for work, but I snuck in A LOT of site seeing time on the weekends. I've also been spending a lot of time in furniture stores looking to furnish Casa ABBA. That has been fun, exciting, and uber-frustrating!! Down at my folks' house, visiting with my sister, doing all those things that I told myself I would do when I moved back to Texas.

Where I Am? Emotionally, right now, I'm doing pretty good. Physically, well...I gave myself a birthday present of a gym membership and personal trainer. Not really certain how much of a present that is to myself, but it is definitely kicking me in the {bleep}. Its a good thing and I needed to do it. I've been getting myself out of bed at about 4:00 AM so that I can eat something and be at the gym by 4:30 - 5:00 to work out. Needless to say I'm one tuckered out ABBA by the end of the day.

Where Am I Going? Upcoming plans include another trip back to D.C. and a trip to Scarborough Faire, although I don't think I'll be dressing up this trip, but who knows. I'm sticking around the house for a couple of weekends, and will be doing some dog-sitting for the Queen while she is off gallivanting around getting her diploma.

So many other things occurring and I promise that I'll be better at the documenting my life....

4 comments:

Queen B said...

welcome back :)

KFuj said...

I've been busy having a baby, so no worries

Diane said...

I have never been to DC I would like to go someday.

Jane said...

Missed you :)