Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Massage Thoughts

I had a wonderful massage yesterday (I do love a good "rub down"). I always seem to the same thoughts whenever I have a massage:
  • What would happen if you could sneak a little Metallica in the middle of all the Vivaldi, whale songs, and Andean pan flute music.
  • Oh man, my feet are so dry, I'm so sorry massage dude.
  • If I were ever in a situation where people started eating one another for survival, I would probably be one of the first ones they'd kill. I mean, come on, I have nice large muscles (thanks inner athlete) but with some lovely marbling (thanks Ben and Jerry).
  • Why am I so interested in cannibalism or rather why people would be driven to that.
  • I wonder what sort of weird dreams I would have...I mean if a good steak gives me vivid dreams...
  • I'm bored now.
  • I think they've played this song before....Metallica would be great right now.
  • Please don't try and talk to me...I don't want to have to concentrate on what you are saying nor do I want to have to form words.
And the thoughts tend to spiral through this vein for the extent of the massage. Sometimes I throw in a little something about tenderizing the meat, but that covers things.

Am I complete wackjob?

3 comments:

Queen B said...

If they played Metallica, you would surely fall asleep ;) and probably have wacky dreams....

Christine said...

i hate it when they try to talk ... the only question i answer to is "would you like me to keep going free of charge" then i will happily respond, besides, its not our fault they selected a job where their clients don't want to engage on a personal level, i do try to be polite because i never want to be topic of their breakroom conversations either

Jane said...

Not a wack job at all!

In fact my thoughts usually wonder to something like I hope they are not as bored as I am now

Adding metalicca to my list