Saturday, January 26, 2013

Picture Challenge - January 26


I had the chance to go to the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo with my folks today. It has become a family tradition to go to the rodeo with the whole family for as long as I can remember. We typically wander through the exhibit hall and then some of the barns before heading to the actual rodeo. Last year, Sara joined me as my folks were not able to make it and she used one of their tickets. This year, my sister and her family weren't able to make it due to Kathleen being in school down in Austin and Colin being at a swim meet. One thing that struck me this year was that there was a female bull rider, she didn't make it the full 8 seconds, but she did have sparkly pink chaps on and only got stepped on by the bull...twice. I really missed making it to this annual event with the family when I was out in California. Hopefully next year we'll be able to have more of the family around for the show. 

1 comment:

Sara said...

I had such a fun time last year ;) very cool tradition!