Saturday, January 5, 2013

Picture Challenge - January 5


So, I'll try and make this my last Leo picture for at least a week. This is him in my passenger seat as we are driving to the Animal Hospital Emergency Room. We woke up this morning and he had thrown up and was struggling to breathe. I cleaned up the vomit and found out that my normal vet is open on Saturdays from 8 until noon, so I jumped in the shower and got myself dressed so that I could call them right at 8 to see if we could come in. They were available at 8:10 and Leo and I were there no questions asked. The vet did a thorough checkup of him along with x-rays and blood work and since this just continues to happen and he was struggling to breathe they referred me to an Animal Hospital that is available to do testing tonight and equipped with an oxygen cage and nebulizer to try and help him breathe. I just left him there and my heart is breaking because I worry that I should have done it earlier and that he is in pain and scared and has to stay there overnight, possibly two nights. I really REALLY hope we can figure out what is wrong with my baby. I promise tomorrow will NOT be of Leo....

2 comments:

Sara said...

Fingers crossed that they figure out what is causing this! Leo (and you!) needs a long-term fix to keep you both out of your misery.

Don't beat yourself up. He was doing better, so why would you have taken him in earlier? You do all you can for him, and that makes him a lucky puppy.

Diane said...

Poor baby Leo, he has a great momma