Monday, May 6, 2013

Wild Life in the 'Hood

I've been seeing lots of wild life recently in the neighborhood. A few weeks ago, I was sitting on the couch and heard a tap tap tapping at the door. I looked up and saw:


Yes, that is a roadrunner sitting on the ledge of the window above my door. I, obviously, grabbed my camera took that picture and then went outside after she jumped down and got another picture of her in my yard:


We have also been seeing an over abundance of rabbits around...I haven't bothered to get any pictures of them, although they do seem to enjoy teasing poor Leo as they will sit in the backyard while he is trapped in the house.

Today, as I was driving out of the neighborhood, I turned the corner and saw this strange mass in the middle of the street. The mass then started to move and as I got closer it made its way to the curb:


Here is another shot of the momma duck with her babies following behind, doing as they are told.

Gotta love Mother Nature....

2 comments:

Jaye said...

These are wonderful pics!!! You have as much wild life as we do, I think!!!

Diane said...

The baby duckies are cute!