Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Preparing for Time Off

I am so excited!! I am taking the following two days off to do a whirl-wind Quilt Shop Hop through the San Francisco Bay Area. (Shop Hop by the Bay) Which basically means I am going to go driving up and down the coast stopping in at 13 different quilt shops over the next two days.

I've spent some "quality" time mapping out my route, rather than actually doing my work. But I think I have it down to a science. I can't wait!! Of course, it would be nice to do this tripping around with somebody else, it would have to be a quilter-type person because non-quilters just don't get it. Of course there are a lot of things that other people are passionate about that just do not blow my skirt up!!

The one thing that I haven't figured out just yet is my budget. I really don't need any new patterns, books, fabrics, tools, or basically anything quilt related, so I don't know what I'm shopping for. My initial intention is to just hit up the shops and see if they carry fabrics and patterns that I like...well that and to get my "passport" stamped, my "free" gift at each shop, and the shop hop pattern. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that I might actually win one of the prizes, but since I seem to have sorry luck, I won't hold my breath!!