Friday, October 10, 2008

Wagon Status

Just a short note to give an update on where I am regarding getting back on the wagon o' health.
  1. I've walked the Stanford Dish 3 times this week and have noted that since the first time I walked it, I have improved my time by 15 minutes. My goal is still to get it done in under and hour, which I am 3 minutes away from doing. After I've managed to do that, I'm going to start doing two laps, hopefully.
  2. I'm very jealous of one of my co-workers who left the company yesterday. She told me that she sat down and thought back over the past 5 years to determine what job she had that made her the most happy. She said that her new position would allow her to come in to the office, sit at her computer, put on her headphones and just power through test scripts and documenting what issues occurred. No managing other people. No being on call. Man, I want a job like that where I don't have to deal with all the stupid questions that people come to me with. In that context, I've updated my resume and am scanning the monster.com and careerbuilder sites as needed. (Never mind the fact that when I was looking at a job on careerbuilder this week it somehow had a virus attached and then infected my work computer, but whatever.)
  3. Through my friend Angie's Facebook site, I've been surfing through some of her friends' pages and am very impressed with all the artsy people out there that have actually made that part of their life work. I'm working on that. I'm working on a business plan to get my quilts out into the public eye and possibly sell some.
  4. I've pulled out my Osho Zen Tarot cards and they keep "telling" me that it is time for change or change is on the horizon...maybe here really is something in that.
  5. The biggest and hardest part for me is shutting out the voices in my head that keep telling me that I can't do it and that I'm going to be a disappointment. But that one is being beaten into submission, so hopefully it'll go away soon as well.
Anyway, that is the update. I appreciate everybody's support and filling of the love-tank.

6 comments:

Queen B said...

-I'm so impressed with your Dish progress. I will fall over when you do 2 laps. Though that might be the distance of our marathon walk that one night that we dragged Doogie and Princess on.
-Yeah, you need to find your happy work place. I keep thinking on what I need to be doing, too. It ain't this.
-I will buy a quilt :)
-I need a tarot reading. Cool that it's emphasizing change.
-Tell the voices to stfu already and go do something productive with themselves!

Sam said...

love the quilt business stuff. It is so rewarding to do your own business and you love quilting. Great idea!

Jinjer said...

I am so proud of you!!! You are doing so great and you need to have faith in yourself and your abilities, because you are a ROCKSTAR!!!

Jenn Ann said...

I will totally buy a quilt! I'm quite proud of your progress!!!

LoSpace said...

Follow your dreams! And not the voices in your head! Keep up the great work on your walking -- that is a great improvement over 3 days!

Jane said...

I am so proud of you! Keep up the good work!