Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Brain Dump

I really wish there was some way that I could just brain dump some of my ideas into fully formed blogs. I write GREAT blogs as I'm driving to and from the office but by the time I get to where I'm going and I fire up ye ol' computer I'm distracted into doing something else or the idea has evaporated into thin air. I really wish I could have my blogs spring fully formed from my head much like Athena did from Zeus's head....

My latest mind rumblings have been around my post-Texas move post-life with the Queen living situation. I started thinking about living in a loft because I want to think of myself as a cool artsy person and living in a loft would epitomize that. But then I have to say to myself, "Self, you are not an Urban person. You have realized this over the past year while living in your current digs. So stop trying to dream your way into a cool lofty atmosphere."

I was also giving thoughts to getting into a condo in a high-rise building. Kinda like the pad the Jeffersons lived in...."movin' on up....to the East side....to a deluxe apartment in the sky-hi-hi...". But again, "Self, that would be too urban, even in the Turtle Creek area with all the trees around."

So, where to do I see myself? I'm not a yard person, so if I get a house it'll have to be a zero lot-line place. I could stay living in apartments around the DFW area, but I'm tired of apartment living. It'd be nice to get an older place that has established trees around it and a small town feel. I could start trolling for a man who already has a place and just push my way into his life.

I guess I can't really make that decision just yet, but it is something that I have to think about....

In the meantime, it might be easier for me to figure out a way to have these blogs spring fully formed Athena-style from my head....

6 comments:

Queen B said...

I have a fantastic realtor who (for free) will help you with this. Of course, she somehow managed to move Jennifer 2 streets away from me, so you might be our newest neighbor ;)

in all seriousness, she is the sweetest southern lady. you'll adore her.

Jenn Ann said...

Sometimes I wish we had a direct feed from your thoughts to your blog as well. There's almost always a theme song or song and the internal dialogue is great! What would we all do without the Queen?!

Paula said...

my phone has a capability for recording notes to myself. I've only used it once (to record my ringtone) but you could recite your blog ideas and then just play it back to type.

PS--my ringtone is Princess saying "Mom, your phone is ringing"

Jane said...

Blackberry is a great mobile way to blog (or you could use the reminder recorders like the old folks do)

I vote for a condo next to a great shopping mall

Kim Thomas said...

I love writing blogs in my head and I hate it when I can't remember them!!!!

Paula said...

"Like the old folks do?" ??
Laura, if I'd seen that comment before I saw you in Vegas, I would've kicked your butt!
;-)