Sunday, September 13, 2009

Camping Day Three

Tonight is the final night camping...at least until I come back next year.

Today was pretty much like yesterday...breakfast, load up the boat, go to the cove, kill a couple bottles of bubbly (it is amazing how fast they go), go back quickly to camp, pick up more bubbly and some more passengers, go float/drink, etc.

Jill did get up on the wake skate a couple of times and did great. David, one of our crazy Irishmen, tried his hand at wake boarding and driving the boat. We then stopped for a late lunch and picked up, yep you guessed it...more bubbly. The inner tube came out and we did some dragging people on that...I've agreed to do the tube next year...baby steps for me.

Eventually we headed back to the cove. The exciting part of the afternoon was when Jill tried to push me off the side of the boat but instead I man-handled her over the bow and into the drink...I then jumped in right after, but of my own accord.

Dinner was again yummy and it is amazing how hungry and tired you can get after a full day on the water.

I will definitely be back. It is really great to have this sort of down time to just relax and enjoy being with friends...I'm gonna miss these guys when I move back to Texas...

4 comments:

Diane said...

Sounds like fun!

Queen B said...

Can't wait for next year! What was the tally on # of bubbly bottles consumed? I want to know what score we need to beat next year ;)

I'm so up for tubing and might even try wake. yay!!!! can't wait to cya soon!

Paula said...

wow...the whole trip sounds like great fun! And y'all do camp cooking far better than I remember from when I last went camping!

Jane said...

sounds like an annual event has been created!