Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Trek to Texas

I am a week away from heading back to Texas and am very excited about my trip. (Even though I did wake up at 4:30 this morning having a panic attack because I still have so much to do and will be gone the rest of this week camping.)

My movers arrive on September 21st and I have already reserved the street parking for the moving truck (just one more way for the city of San Francisco to take money from me). They will load up and head out with my worldly belongings and some time in the following 30 days I'll actually get to see my stuff again... even if it is to go straight into storage.

Once the movers leave, I will wrap up stuff around my place and then head down to spend the night at my friend's house. On the 22nd I head out for Yosemite. I am staying at the Tenaya Lodge for two days (it is a bit of a splurge, but I deserve it). On the 23rd I am taking a day long bus trip through Yosemite. This way I'll be able to see all of the great spots and not have to worry about driving myself.

On the 24th, I'm planning on getting up and heading out east over the mountains and into Nevada. I am then going to take the Extraterrestrial Highway down into Las Vegas/Henderson where I'll be spending the night. My initial plan was to crash there and then head out to Albuquerque and then on in to my folks place on the 26th. However, I spoke to my Dad this morning and he is going to fly out to Vegas and then drive back the rest of the way with me... which I'm very excited about.

On the 25th, Dad and I are going to get up and go across the Hoover Dam and with any luck we are going to do the tour. Then we'll head out across the desert and end up in Albuquerque, as per my initial plan.

On the 26th, we'll get up early, if I know Dad and it'll be a long drive, and take out across the rest of New Mexico and into Texas. We'll be getting in to their place, hopefully, by early evening so that Dad can sleep in his own bed and I can visit with Mom.

On the 27th, I will get up and around at some point and head out to McKinney and pull into my new home with the King and Queen and Puppies. The 28th, exactly one week after the movers take off with my belongings, I will sleep in, settle in, and drive to my friend Angie's to see my Godson and pick up my wine.

Sadly, it'll be back to work on the 29th....

7 comments:

Queen B said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Thanks for the itinerary :) I will feel better knowing where you are (I know... I'm sure I'll still bbm you for updates bc I'll forget you already told me!).

Hoover Dam... tour is good, but if you miss it and just take in the scenery, that'll be enough.

I should probably put together my plan for your arrival! Step 1 is to fix the damn drywall where the BIL ripped out the hand towel rack. Sigh...

Andrea said...

Yay for you! I am so envious of your drive across the country. Can't wait to hear/see all the fun things on the itinerary! Don't know when we are coming back to big D, but I'm so glad I'll get a two-for-one from now on!

Paula said...

Sounds like some exciting stops!

Diane said...

Sounds like you have the trip all planned out. Safe travels!

Jaye said...

Much as I would love to join you and Dad...we thought that one person would be all the room you would possibly have in your car...and I know the two of you will have a great time...he is looking forward to it too and has his ticket booked, etc! Really anxious to see you!!! Love ya!

Kim Thomas said...

There is nothing like Yosemite. I love it there and want to plan a trip there soon.

Jane said...

That is a trek I would love to join!