Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving "Weekend"

I have actually managed to stretch my Thanksgiving weekend out to a 7 day vacation!!

This afternoon I'm packing up some stuff and heading over to my folks' house where I will enjoy all of the pleasures that Mom and Dad have to offer. So far, here is the big schedule:

Thursday - Eat, eat, watch football, eat, play some board games (perhaps poker and/or chicken-foot)
Friday - Quilt-a-thon with my Mom. I will be putting the sleeve on The Queen's quilt and working on a Christmas quilt that I picked up at a shop recently.
Saturday - Probably continue with the Quilt-a-thon. Possibly work on scanning old pictures for future Flashback Friday usage.
Sunday - Brunch at Blue Mesa with the folks. Hopefully my sister and family will join us. Mom and I are planning on drinking some champagne and just relaxing.
Monday - Go to my Mom's art quilt group - The Creative Crones...they actually call themselves something else now because some people had issue with calling themselves "crones". While the crone has become a stock character is literature and is typically synonymous with a "hag", I prefer her to be just a representation as an elder states-woman of the tribe who has the knowledge to share with the younger generations or as Joseph Campbell's reference that she is a protective character much like a Fairy Godmother. Some day I hope to be a Creative Crone.
Tuesday - I head back to the Castle and do really fun things like laundry.
Wednesday - It is back to the office, but I'm off to a whole new account, which I'm looking forward to.

7 comments:

Queen B said...

we will MISS you! Have a great time with your family :)

also, post-Blue Mesa brunch (so jealous!) is a great time to let out some emotions. The champagne is good for enabling that ;)

Andrea said...

OMG.... Thanks for reminding me!!

I have already warned my Mom that at some point we WILL have a good cry!!

Diane said...

What is chicken foot?

KFuj said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend!

Have fun, laugh often, and make great memories with family!

Jenn Ann said...

Sounds like a great vacation!

Kim Thomas said...

This sounds like a perfect vacation! I am mourning the fact that the weekend is now officially here.

Jane said...

Now that is planning!

Can't wait to hear about the new account!