Monday, January 18, 2010

The Deed is Done

Well, I did it. I put an offer on a house. Here is the picture that the Queen took of me signing the contract (and if you can't tell, I'm actually using a purple pen...is that even legal?):



I looked at quite a few townhouses, not as many as some people as I understand that some people go through lots and lots of houses before making up their mind. I ended up getting a place that is still in the building stages, although all that is really left is to put in the flooring and backsplash, appliances, finish up in the bathrooms, and sod the lawn. It is a garden home, which means there isn't much yard, but just the right size for me. The really great thing, that I'm excited about is that there is this bonus room upstairs that some people would probably make into a second living area or a guest suite, since it has a full bath, but which I'm going to make into my quilting studio.

I'll be posting pictures soon and often, once the offer is accepted and it actually becomes MINE!!

The funny thing is, I stopped and looked at this subdivision one evening last week and something told me that it was where I was meant to be, but I still kept looking at some other places. When my realtor and I went to the place and I walked in, I just knew it was right. My front porch and rooms look out over a park and face the West, so I'll be able to see the sunset and there will never be anything built in that space to block my view and my studio window faces the East so I'll have great sunrise views when I'm sewing.

When I talked to my mom yesterday morning, I told her that I was tired of looking and that the Queen had told me that I'd know the right one when I saw it and by-golly, she was right, as was my mom who concurred with the Queen's statement.

Needless to say, I'm very excited. I'm very scared. This is a huge step for somebody who has a history of moving every couple of years because she gets tired or never felt like she fit in where ever she was. I have the normal fears that everybody has about the cost and added expenses and what's going to happen next, but for now, I'm going to push all of these thoughts aside and plan where I'm going to put furinture and how I'm going to decorate and imagine what it will be like to wake up in my own home.

So, if you were wondering why I stated in my previous post that I had insomnia, this would be why.... the old mind is churning a thousand miles a minute now....

The Queen swung by and got a picture of it for me to post:


7 comments:

Queen B said...

I'm always going to take credit for your find, since you initially swung in on the way to the store the day I asked you to get some chicken :)

you done good... no... you done great!

Can't wait until you move in and get to experience all those "wow, this is mine" moments - it's very cool. I'm sure there will be lotsa happy-dancing involved

CONGRATS!

Jaye said...

Good for you ...it looks great!!! Can't wait to see it!!!

Kim Thomas said...

This is so awesome!!!! Congratulations Abba!

Christine said...

congratulations :)

Jinjer said...

This is just awesome news! Congrats! So happy for you and you will never want to move because it will be allllll yours! :)

Jane said...

so awesome! Congrats!

Diane said...

Congratulations! It is so exciting to have a place to call your own and decorate. The picture looks very cool.