Monday, March 22, 2010

World Water Day

I just found out that today, March 22, is World Water Day.

Last week while I was driving with my sister up to visit my grandmother, she told me her campaign to help with water waste. It started at breakfast at the hotel on Saturday. One of the kids had a bowl of cereal and there was a bunch of milk left in the bowl. Marti picked the bowl up and instead of throwing the bowl and milk into the trash she took it upstairs and poured it out in the sink. When I asked her why she did this, she gave the following explanation:

The world is in a serious water crisis and there is so much water (in many liquid forms) trapped in plastic bottles or trash bags sitting in dumps. I am going to make it my work to inform people that they need to pour the water out and release it back into the environment.
After that talk, I promised her that I would help spread the message (of course I then promptly forgot until just now) and that I would start making it a point to pour out my water bottles, soda bottles, etc. when I don't finish the drink rather than throw the bottle away with liquid trapped. I then saw that today was World Water Day and I am keeping my promise to my sister and spreading the word.

Don't let water stay trapped inside plastic. Pour out your liquids and release the molecules back into the universe.

4 comments:

Queen B said...

RO! I will never forget that I graciously share my bday with World Water Day

The great WWD prank of 2008...
http://kim1champ.blogspot.com/2008/03/its-finally-here.html

http://jennann3.blogspot.com/2008/03/today-is-very-important-day.html

Jane said...

I need to pee after this post

Jaye said...

What good girls I have raised!!! Ima' so proud!!

Kim Thomas said...

Hey, it's also Sara's birthday ;)