Friday, May 28, 2010

A Little High Strung - Part 2

To add to the concern that I have going for the world at large and something that is being added to my overall stress and jumpiness levels, yesterday as The Queen and I were driving home we saw this little boy (probably 3 or 4) walking down the middle of a street headed towards a VERY busy street with absolutely no adult in site. I, of course, totally freak out and make The Queen turn at the next street and circle back so that we can grab the little tyke. Luckily, by the time we got there a whole slew of neighbors had seen him as well and were out in the street getting him and walking him back to where his home was, we assume. Now tell me...who would let their little kid out of the house in this day and age?!?

40-something years ago when my sister and her best friend at the time, Charles, decided to do something very similar, my Mom and his mom completely freaked and went searching all over the neighborhood (or at least that is the story that I heard). But there wasn't quite the same worry as they were within a small family neighborhood and cars didn't go whipping around quite like they do now a days.

On another note, I haven't gotten my mail yet, however, I did douse the mailbox (and hopefully, the black widow) with a healthy amount of bug spray last night. I'm planning on getting the mail this evening while wearing my long rubber gloves and then throwing all the mail into the street and stomping all over it...just to be sure she's no longer with us.

I did dream about her last night but I think the fact that I watched So You Think You Can Dance right before going to bed the black widow in my dream turned into a dancer who then sorta melted away and left nothing but a costume on the ground that sorta looked like a lady bug...oh and there were random kids just sorta wandering around.

Isn't it amazing how the sub-conscious works?

5 comments:

Queen B said...

you know, as I think about this more, those neighbors might have kidnapped him. He escaped and was heading to the street to get help, and they recaptured him.

hmmmmm

might need video of the mailbox situation

Andrea said...

Oh GREAT...Now I'm going to be worried about that poor little boy... and I don't even like kids who are not part of circle of trust...

LoSpace said...

ABBA try lavender under your pillow!! LOL! :)

KFuj said...

Bath and Body works used to sell lavender linen spray. I didn't use it because lavender makes me sneeze, but I used the eucalyptus and loved it!

Jane said...

LMAO