Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Little High Strung

For some reason I've been very on edge and nervous lately. I don't really understand why this is happening to me, I should be doing great. I'm working out daily, eating pretty much right, in general I'm pretty happy. And yet....

  1. Have woken up in the middle of the night having a panic attack...this has happened a couple of times.
  2. Today as I was warming up on the treadmill, my trainer comes up from behind and says "Good Morning" and I about jump out of my skin. I mean, 5:30 is when we were supposed to meet and it was 5:30 but for some reason...
  3. Again this morning, I go out to get my mail out of the mailbox (I was too lazy yesterday to do this). I open the box up and put my hand in and feel spider webs, which automatically make me jump and pull my hand back. I then see the movement of a shiny black spider with a bight red hourglass on her belly.... I can't imagine what the outcome would have been if I'd still had my heart rate monitor on at that moment...pretty certain it would have spiked!!
So, I guess that last one is expected to cause some jumpiness, but the others....Maybe I just need a nice long week on a beach somewhere sipping fruity adult beverages....

3 comments:

Queen B said...

Can I have your panic-attacks? I feel like I deserve them, as much as I've been b*tching lately.

3. yeah, you know my thoughts on this infestation issue :(

KFuj said...

When I moved to Ca I had the huge fear of being bite by a black widow (we don't have them in Ny). I thought that I would die instantly or while driving 10 minutes to the hospital- I was quickly corrected.

As for your feeling edgy I usually blame mine on the end of the year, is work busier? Maybe its carpooling? jk lol

Jane said...

South Pacific can solve all your woes