Thursday, July 15, 2010

Updates

There are a couple of things that I need to update you all on.

Furniture for Casa ABBA - After my rant yesterday, I received a phone call in the afternoon and the rest of my bedroom furniture is to be delivered next Wednesday.

Broken Toe issues - So, I don't actually think my toe is broken because I am able to wiggle it. It started out with just a little red dot, but by the next morning there was a thick red line going down the length of the toe and purple encircling it (although the tip was still pink and normal looking). I also developed some swelling and a greenish/blueish bruise in the top quadrant of my foot. I ended up NOT putting shoes on all last week and this week have been suffering through wearing some of the ugliest loafers that I have, but they are comfortable and supportive of the whole foot. I am having a little issue because I finally went in yesterday to work out with my trainer and while I obviously wasn't lifting weights with my little toe, we were doing all lower body which meant a lot of pushing through my feet and today my foot is swollen and sore again. Ah well, hopefully with more icing it will improve.

Accomplishments from stay-cation - I had a great stay-cation. I completed 3 quilts (two just needed binding, one needed quilting and binding) and now they just need to be shipped off to their new owners. I quilted another one that I'll bind at some later time. I pieced another quilt and started embellishing a quilt that I made the base of over Christmas. I also got a massage, got caught up on a bunch of movies that I had recorded and all in all relaxed. It rained every day of my time off, which sorta put a damper on any plans of going to the pool, but in all honesty it didn't really break my heart to not go lay out. I know I still owe pictures of what I've accomplished, but I want to at least get them in the mail...

I think that is about it. I can't really think of anything else that I owe an update on.

3 comments:

Queen B said...

so excited for furniture! :)

that's nice that your trainer doesn't make you work out your li'l piggie ;)

I need a vacation, or staycation, or at least a darn break!

Diane said...

Three quilts! That is awesome. A broken toe would stink:(

Kim Thomas said...

I love a good staycation