Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Amazing....

July was a bad month....

I have to admit that in the month of July I REALLY slacked off on getting to the gym and getting regular workouts in. Of course with that came the slippery slope into junk food hell and total self despair (okay, maybe not quite that bleak, but you get the picture).

August is a new month..... And with a new month comes new dedication.
I decided to return to the annual camping trip in California and with that I have to pull myself together in the next 30 days so that I don't completely scare the fishes. Therefore, I'm back in the gym on a regular basis. In fact, I've been every day this month.
What is amazing is now that I'm back in the workout frame of mind, my work frame of mind has greatly improved. I am more focused and am actually getting things marked off of my to do list on a regular basis, rather than just moving them to the next day's to do list. I'm sure the exercise endorphins aren't working quite that fast, I mean three days of physical activity doesn't move mountains, but I really think that they are helping.
Now, if I could just find a swimsuit (I know nothing like waiting until the END of summer to go suit shopping) I'd be all set...

5 comments:

Queen B said...

it's so unfair that life overall gets better when you workout and take care of yourself...... ugh. not my favorite activity, but a good reminder that I need to get on it :(

Jane said...

July you got to see me, not all bad :)


Blood Type???

Diane said...

All the suit should be on sale now so you should be able to find a great deal on one.

Kim Thomas said...

I bought the Miracle Swim Suit from EddieBauer.com-love it!!!! Good luck in August.

Andrea said...

I need a miracle body suit.