Monday, September 13, 2010

2010 Camping - The End

Dear Diary -

Well, we've finished camping for the year. Yesterday we packed up the site (at least Jill's tent and stuff) by 8:00 AM. I know it was this time because Revielle was being played over at another camp and it played each morning at that time.

By 9:00 everybody was up and headed to the boat as we were going to go to the restaurant across the lake.

By 10:30 Jill and I were on the road headed back to her house.

By 3:00 we'd arrived, parked the boat, unloaded the truck and ready for some real showers. It was so nice to take a real shower and really get the great outdoors off of me.

We then went and grabbed dinner, rented a movie, and were in bed by 9:00.

All in all, the camping trip had its fun moments, but there was a spark of adventure that was missing. I think this might be the end of the camping...but who knows...right?

2 comments:

Queen B said...

hmmmm.... a rented movie and comfy bed? sounds like the best setup of the weekend ;)

well..... the boat and champagne.... might be a toss-up

spending time with friends... ok, I guess that trumps beds and champagne :)

Andrea said...

I'm sure the busted ankle didn't help anything! (Did I mention that we "camp" in a cabin?)