Saturday, September 11, 2010

2010 Camping - Night 2

Dear Diary -
Crawling into bed at the end of the first full day of camp and I'm exhausted!!

It isn't quite as cold tonight, but I'm still wrapped up like a stuffed burrito.

First thing this morning, Sam and I walked the short distance from the camp site to the lake. It was beautiful. Unfortunately, because I'm a big clutz, I managed to fall down as I was stepping over a log and sprained my ankle and scraped up my leg pretty bad. Sam helped me get back to camp and we iced down my foot, which I think alleviated some swelling, but the pain is pretty bad. Ah well.
We decided to get the boat on the lake after breakfast. Initially I wasn't going to go because of my foot, but am glad I decided to go. While I felt useless at times the cold water (and alcohol) helped with the foot pain.
All in all it was a pretty good day although I'm not even mentioning the dead battery and the broken canopy on the boat.
Tomorrow I'm going to try and drink more water and less champagne.

2 comments:

Queen B said...

hmmmm.... wasn't the ankle an issue last year? Should you start packing an ankle brace?

Decreasing champagne consumption sounds dangerous....

Diane said...

Hope your ankle feels better.