Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Ranting....

Yes, Gentle Reader, I'm trying to make up for not blogging consistently...

A couple of things have struck me this morning that just chaps my hide and I feel the need to share.
  1. I go into the restroom and select the stall on the far end. There are three in this particular facility and the other two are perfectly fine as well...empty, clean, nothing wrong with them, I just want to use the one with the handicap bars to help steady me since I have on The Boot. Somebody comes in to the restroom and instead of selecting the first stall, which I think would be logical as that would put a buffer stall between us, she selects the one right next to me. Now why would somebody opt for that? Wasn't there a whole Seinfeld episode regarding which urinal it is acceptable to select and isn't that applicable to women's restrooms as well?
  2. If you are going to stand in the hallway and have a conversation, move out of the flow of traffic. You should both stand on one side of the hallway, not on opposite walls and then force people to walk through your conversation. Better yet, take the conversation into an empty conference room, copy room, break room, or even to the low traffic corner by the elevator...but for the most part, get the heck outta my way.
  3. There is a holder in the ice machine to put the ice scoop in. Use it! Don't just chunk the scoop back into the bin and force the next person to have to dig through all the ice to get it out. You don't know what sort of germs are now on that ice. Do you think those germs are killed off when I get the boiling water out of the coffee machine to pour over my ice rather than the water from the tap?
  4. If you make me provide you with contact information on your website just so I can get the price for a training class, don't get huffy with me when I don't take your calls or return your email. I wanted a single piece of information, I got that information, if I decide that I want to take your class then I will contact you. But, again, don't get an attitude with me...
Whew, I feel better getting these things off my chest. Perhaps I should just start blogging once a week of all the things that have me annoyed over the past 7 days.... hmmm, that would require me to remember the past 7 days and right now I'm lucky if I can remember the past 7 hours.... (wow, and I even have a label called "ranting" I need to do more of that)

2 comments:

Queen B said...

1. HATE bathroom crowders!
2. love hallway conversations :) but always find it awkward to walk between two people standing on opposite walls of the hallway conversing
3. yeah, the ice thing is a problem. because those machines make ice, so it just dumps out on top of the ick scoop.
4. That is A N N O Y I N G!!!

Kim Thomas said...

This so deserves more than one comment. HATE people who go to the next bathroom.

How long is that boot going to be on for?