So, here is my Resolution Update for the first quarter of 2011.
- To reach my goal weight (surprise, surprise). UPDATE – Yeah, really haven’t done much to get this one off the ground….but I’m doing another weight-loss kick-off meeting with myself this week. Hopefully I’ll have more to report in the next quarter.
- To finish at least the same number of books in 2011 that I read in 2010 and provide my faithful audience with a review. UPDATE – So far, so good. I have completed and documented 5 books thus far, however, I’m technically WAY behind on getting this met. Right now I’m considering updating this resolution to reading 2/3 the number of books that I read in 2010….
- To finish half the quilts that are currently in my UFO pile. UPDATE – Again, no real progress. I even totally spaced on International Quilting Day on March 19 and spent the day reading and watching television….
- To open an ETSY store and try to actually sell something. UPDATE – Since I haven’t really done much for resolution number 3, which directly impacts this resolution…..well you get the picture.
- To create and stick to a budget. UPDATE – I’ve actually done part of this. I have started a budget and am pretty much sticking to it.
- To implement a REAL filing system and stay organized. UPDATE – Ummm, yeah…. Can my REAL filing system be considered a stack of papers?!?
- To buy more shoes (oh no, twist my arm on this one). UPDATE – Dang It!! I don’t think I’ve actually done anything towards this resolution either… Although, I have looked at shoes on Zappos.com (that is the happy place I go to when I’m having a bad day…).
- To cook at home more and actually invite people over, which means I have to keep my house clean. UPDATE – Sheesh…I haven’t done a single one of my resolutions. I have made the decision that I want to get a maid, only because I REALLY hate cleaning house and it ain’t gonna get done if I don’t have somebody else do it. Once I start having the maid come, I will definitely start having people over as I still need to have my Open House/House Warming Party!!
- To complete all of the exercises in The Artists Way and Writing Down the Bones. UPDATE – See my response to everything else….yep, you guessed it, haven’t done diddly on these either, except get the books off my shelf and into my reading rotation.
- To watch less television...I still need to come up with a reasonable number of hours a week. UPDATE – So based on this past weekend, I certainly did not follow this, however, I have decided that a reasonable number of hours a week to watch is 11 hours…. Golly-gee-whiz, if I actually stick to this, just think about all the stuff I could get done. By the way, I’m not counting the hour that I have the TV on in the morning while I’m getting dressed, since it is on the news and I don’t actually sit and watch it.
- To get my PMP Certification. UPDATE – Ummm, yeah, maybe with number 10 stated, then I’ll actually do this…of course, I could bring my books to the office and read at the office when I have downtime…yeah, that is EXACTLY what I need to do!! Note to self: put book into bag for tomorrow.
- To come back in 3 months and provide an update on these resolutions. UPDATE – DONE!!
- To become more involved in my community...or a community....maybe a community of squirrels would like me to join..... UPDATE – I have done this, sorta. Since I’ve decided to do the Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk here in Dallas in the fall, I’ve decided to join a team of walkers and I’m calling that my “community”. You’ll be hearing more about me doing the walk and begging for donations in the near future.
- To get my passport and in turn do some traveling. UPDATE – Definitely need to get this taken care of because a friend of mine (who I’ve actually never met, but have spoken to and we have mutual friends) has invited me to go to Italy (Rome) next spring and I am all on board with doing that!!
- To open my heart to love (and actually join Match.com and contact the guy that I've been stalking out there). UPDATE – Yeah, can’t do this until I get a decent picture of myself, which won’t happen until I’ve made good progress on resolution numero uno!!
So, based on this progress….well, I got a lot to get done over the next 9 months!!!