Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Big Bend Family Vacation - Recap Day 4

The final day of our trip to West Texas was spent once again lazing around the pool in the morning and then heading off to visit Fort Davis Outpost in the afternoon. Fort Davis was a West Texas fort built and maintained at the edge of Indian Territory in the late 1800s. It is slowly being rebuilt and restored for the purpose of showing the world the history of the west.


Colin and I hiked up to the scenic overlook to look down on the fort....

After the tour of the fort, we went back to the ranch did some packing and relaxing. On our final night at the ranch, we cooked hotdogs and s'mores over the fire by the pool and played cards and had the most wonderful time just being with family and not being distracted by the outside world. (In this picture we have Mom and Graham sitting by fire-pit with Dad standing by it. In the shade by the lodge, we have Marti, Kathleen, and Colin left to right reading.)

The next morning we woke up early and loaded up the car and headed home. This was one of those wonderful relaxing vacations where I just got to spend time with the people that I loved. Oh, and I came to the realization that I'm definitely a desert/mountain girl. I could so see myself living out in that part of the world unfortunately, if I lived out there I would become such a hermit that I might forget how to actually speak to people.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Love the relaxation !!!! Great family time :)

Queen B said...

1) speaking is over-rated
2) gotta be honest, all I heard was "s'mores"