Saturday, April 30, 2011

2011 Book Eight - Living Dead in Dallas

I have to tell you that I'm truly addicted to my Kindle....I'm seeing an episode of Intervention coming soon....

I spent all day today reading the second in the Sookie Stackhouse series Living Dead in Dallas. Here is what would be on the back of the book, if I had a physical book:
Waiting tables, sweeping floors, reading minds and solving mysteries for the undead. It's all in a day's work for Sookie...

Cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse is on a streak of real bad luck. First, her co-worker gets murdered and no one seems to care. Then Sookie is attacked - and poisoned - late one night by some weird and apparently mythical beast. She only survives because the local vampires roll up and graciously suck the poison from her veins (like they didn't enjoy it). But in return the blood-suckers need a favor.

Which is why Sookie ends up in Dallas, using her telepathic skills to search for a missing vampire, on the condition that her undead friends don't do anything, well, vampiric while she's there. Easier said than done. All it takes in one delicious blonde and one small mistake for things to turn deadly...
As I said earlier, I tore through this book today and only was able to stop myself from getting engulfed in the next one because I have a commitment this evening and some work to do tomorrow. While, these books are no literary masterpieces, they are fun mind candy and I'm obviously enjoying reading them.

Perhaps, I should hold off on reading anymore on the Kindle until my next trip....

3 comments:

Diane said...

I wish I liked to read more.

Jane said...

:)

Joanne said...

They are total brain candy! If you get the newest ones, let me know... except you'll be getting them on the Kindle which is useless to me. Sigh. So. Nevermind. :)