Saturday, April 30, 2011

2011 Book Seven - Dead Until Dark


I'm traveling every other week now and decided that carrying my library is really tough, so I bought a Kindle and the first books that I downloaded were the first 8 in the Sookie Stackhouse series. If you are unfamiliar with the series it is what the HBO series True Blood is based on. The first book that is Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris. Since I am downloading the books, I don't have the back of the book to quote here, however here is what is written up on the Amazon site:
Sookie Stackhouse is just a small-time cocktail waitress in small-town Louisiana. Until the vampire of her dreams walks into her life - and one of her coworkers checks out.....
Maybe having a vampire for a boyfriend isn't such a bright idea.
This book was a great, fast read and I'm already 1/3 of the way into the next in the series. I have a feeling that for some light sumer time (and plane) reading, this set of books is going to be great!!

On a different note, completely away from the book..... I LOVE my Kindle!! The thing that is great about it is that I can't read ahead. With a "real" book, I am in the habit of flipping to the back of the book and/or the last chapter and reading how the book ends after a couple dozen pages, and the Kindle doesn't easily allow me to do that (and if it does, I haven't figured out how to do it, which is a good thing).

Okay, now I'm off to chomp through my next book!!

No comments: