Saturday, April 2, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 2

A picture of you with 15 facts.

  1. I hate having pictures taken of me. I know that it is because I don't like who I am right now, as I've probably mentioned in the past. This picture was taken at Nepenthe Restaurant in Big Sur. I do wish that I appreciated myself more, and I daily work on it.... stay tuned.

  2. I was born a natural blonde. These days I'm more of a brunette. I'm currently letting my hair grow out so that I can donate it to Locks for Love. I am almost there. I started growing it about the time this picture was taken as you can tell by the little bitty piglet tail. As soon as my hair is long enough to donate, I'm getting it chopped off and colored and make it all easy to take care of again.... Maybe I'll go red again.

  3. I do not go to church and don't follow any specific religion. However, I am interested in all forms. I have tarot cards that I like to read and try to have something to focus on. I read my horoscope daily and admittedly get a little blue when it doesn't seem to be upbeat. My mom thinks that I am searching for something, which is why I often times read books on religion and am interested in the history of religion. I think that if I were a Buddhist, then I think I'm probably close to my final incarnation....

  4. I love to read. I think that is probably a given. I was an English major in college with a minor in History. I wanted to be an English professor, but I think that I chickened out of graduate school because I probably would have started to hate literature. I love to read to sink into the story, not to have to figure out the sub-text.

  5. I've always been a hopeless romantic but the older I get the sappier I get. I've been watching "Say Yes to the Dress" and I get weepy when the brides find their dresses. I get sniffly when watching a show where there is a strong group of friends that support one another. Heck, I've always teared up when the Folgers Coffee commercials would come on at Christmas time. I may strike some people as being all hard on the outside because I'm not always a Chatty-Kathy but in reality I'm painfully shy and very much a marshmellow on the inside.

  6. I bought my house a year ago and still haven't had my house warming party. I have all the furnishings and if I cleaned it up, it would have a nice look....but for some reason I just don't think it is really me. I really want to totally cut loose and paint the walls all wacky colors and have mis-matched furniture and have the whole place be all shabby-chic and comfy. I just need to convince myself that it is okay to do this; that I don't have to have the house out of the catalog....

  7. Shades of blue have always been my favorite color, but lately I've been very drawn to purples and reds as well. That really needs to be my inspiration for finishing up the decorating of my house.

  8. I've always had blue eyes, but lately I've noticed they are changing more to grey. It might just be what I'm wearing or my eye makeup at the moment, but I kinda like the grey. Grey eyes and red hair, wonder how that would look.

  9. I've owned three cars in my life (Dodge, Nissan, Honda). My little Dodge Shadow was my first car out of college and I loved it....well, for a first car I loved it. It got me where I needed to go. I got me and my friends to New Orleans for New Year's Eve one year. It was beaten up something terrible one spring during a Texas Hailstorm. My Nissan Altima did a wonderful job for me getting me around. I bought that car because my sister had one, except hers was manual and I went with the automatic. I've never learned how to drive a standard car and have no intention of ever doing that. My current car is a Honda CRV, and I have to say that I love it. Oh, don't get me wrong, initially I felt sorta like a soccer mom in it, and still do periodically. But, it suits my needs and even though I've started looking for something new, I can't convince myself to give my baby up yet.... She's still a good little vehicle and why spend the money on something new.

  10. I've lived in 10 towns (Independence, MO, Oak Grove, MO, Hernando, MS, Arlington, TX, College Station, TX, Euless, TX, Irving, TX, San Mateo, CA, San Francisco, CA, McKinney, TX).

  11. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

  12. I have been on a diet for the better part of 30 years. I have tried every diet in the book, I think. I can stick to them for a week or two, but then I fold. I keep making promises that "this will be the time/the year/the diet..." that will work and that I'll stick to.... hasn't happened yet, but I'll keep trying. Although I know that the best thing to do is to simply eat healthy and to get out and exercise. I know this already.

  13. I knew all four of my grandparents as a child and even into becoming an adult (as well as two great-grandparents) and I know I was very lucky to have had this!!

  14. I have the best family and friends in the world. What is there to say on this one.

  15. I found it very hard to come up with 15 facts about myself and as I read back over some of these I'm kind of a Debby Downer....


5 comments:

Queen B said...

I love your list! It's way deeper than mine ;) 15 facts is definitely hard.

LOVE the picture! When were you at Nepenthe? Love that place.

I will be sending you to Becky for coloring, once you're short-haired. She is so fantastic.

OH... and I have a good painter, when you want to pull the trigger on that. One option is to just pic room colors, paint, and then find what goes with it :)

Anonymous said...

Make that 11 towns. You forgot Fort Worth-remember that little apartment on Hulen? This is your sister btw.

Andrea said...

Oh My Goodness!! I cannot believe I forgot Fort Worth!! I had my first two apartments there. It is where I first became an adult out on my own.....

Thank you, Marti, for reminding me!!

Kim Thomas said...

Love this!!!! I know so much more than I did before, it makes me happy!

Jane said...

I cant believe how much thought you put into this! I am so impressed

House Warming Party????

I am so there! 2011 HCBC Event????