Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I Love My Little Terror

As I'm sure you are aware, I have a new man in my life. Yes, he is four-legged and covered in fur, and as much as I would love to say he looks like Taylor Lautner from Twilight, he is NOT a werewolf. However, he is a terror...

He has found his voice and likes to use it loudly and at odd times. He will bark at his reflection in my glass entertainment center. In fact, yesterday he figured out how to slide the door open and gladly informed me of this by barking directly into my DVD player.

He has also found that the springy door-stoppers are GREAT fun. He spent many an hour yesterday hitting one and making it go "boinnnng". Well, he did that up until the put where it broke off the wall and he decided to make it a chew toy...which I promptly took away from him. He then headed to another one to see what it would do. Since I would make a loud noise whenever he approached it, he lost interest and hopefully will not find it again.

He is also the destroyer of many toys. I'm okay with him destroying his stuffed toys with squeakers. I've come to realize that this will happen and have vowed not to acquire anymore of that ilk for him. I have found a brand that is supposedly nearly indestructable, which we are going with from now on (they just aren't very cuddly, but I guess that is the sacrifice he will have to make). However, he also decided that his dog bed was just a giant stuffed toy as well. He had many an hour of great fun attacking the bed, flipping the bed, rolling around on the bed, chewing the handles off the bed, but then he would also pee on the bed, which caused the bed to get washed. This last time while washing, a little tear the terror had made grew and all the stuffing started coming out; guess where the bed is now. So, being the good mommy that I am, I bought him a new bed, sherpa lined, microsuede, cozy. Eight minutes. It took him eight bleeping minutes to chew a hole in his new bed. I am now on the hunt for a bed made out of ballistic material, again will have to forego coziness for indestructability.

Last thing the little terror did yesterday was to come up to me in the bedroom, look right at me while I'm texting Sara, and start to pee not three feet from me. I of course yell horrible things at him, which makes him stopp peeing and run away from me, after some chasing around I finally get him out the door to finish his business. Sadly, the whole time I'm trying to reason with him and am saying things like "You WILL NOT pee in my house!!" or "Wdo you think you are doing? You know better than to pee IN MY HOUSE!" or "If you do this one more time, I swear you are going to be an outdoor dog!!" Which of course, I know he does not make sense out of other than "wow, she has a loud bark".

But then, I cannot stay mad at him. He looks so pitiful when he wants to come back inside and it is cold out there and he is just sitting there with his tail wrapped around him. And then, when he knows it is safe to approach me, he curls up next to me and puts his head in my lap and sleeps (and my mom will get a kick out of this...he drools on my lap). And, I feel really awful today because he woke up about 2:00 this morning and tried really hard to get outside to throw up. And I couldn't get mad at him when he threw up 3 feet from the door.

My poor terror....

5 comments:

Sara said...

hahahahahahaha

I was talking to Becky last night, and she was relaying the delays that occurred during your appt yesterday. I mentioned that it was probably good for y'all to have some time apart, and she immediately replied with, "but she loves that boy!" So I guess that shown through ;)

He does have the sweetest little "sorry" face! I'll keep an eye out for that ballistic bed. Are you going to be black Friday shopping at Petsmart? :)

Jaye said...

Ah, drooling on laps! What memories!! It is true....what goes 'round, comes 'round!

Jane said...

What a great communicator

Diane said...

Not good to pee in the house, but it is funny.

Kim Thomas said...

Mans best friend!!!! Miss mine terribly.