Friday, April 20, 2012

UIL Competition?!?

I had the oddest dream last night. I dreamt that I was competing in a UIL (University Interscholastic League) competition. Mind you, UIL is for highschool kids, so no idea why I was participating because in my dream I was not a highschool kid. Here is a breakdown of the dream:

I'm backstage with a dance group. There are four of us in our group and it is some sort of interpretive dance. The dance starts off with us doing a reverse strip-tease, in that we have bodysuits on but our first move is to put on these flowy skirts with elastic at the waist, which made it easy to step in and do a swirly move and get it pulled up gracefully. The dance then consisted of a lot of moving around the stage and waving arms and doing circles and all interpretive and moody. After the dance was complete we all left the stage and our coach said to the team "You all did a great job" and then "Andrea, you put a lot of passion into your dance, but maybe you should just stick to dancing around your house and not in public anymore." Sheesh, even in my dreams I'll never be a Broadway star....

Now, here are my thoughts on why I dreamt of this:

  • UIL - I have a Facebook friend who is a band director and he has been posting about his woodwind orchestra competing and their scores.
  • Dancing - Last night I went to a soccer game with Sara to see her sweet niece, Faith, play. Now, Faith is like 5 so not quite a sports star, yet, but she may get there. What she is is a little dancer and while running up and down the field she looked to be doing what will become a beautiful jazz run some day.

3 comments:

Sara said...

LOL! Yep, I was gonna guess that the dance part was inspired by Faith's soccer style :)

Diane said...

Too funny! You and Leo can dance.

Jane said...

This is your funniest post ever