Sunday, November 11, 2012

Wonder Watson Wedding Quilt


Yesterday Sara (Wonder Watson-to-be) had her Bridal Shower. I made her a quilt in the colors of their guest room, as well as in honor of Randall (the guy helping her hold the quilt in the above picture) as a former Marine. I have to say that I am a little proud of this quilt. The pattern is called Lover's Knot, which I thought was also appropriate as it represents the entwining of two lives. There are patterns out on the web that I could have (and probably should have) downloaded and used, however, instead, I drew this one out on graph paper and then figured out how to make it without a bunch of set in seams....that was the challenge.

Congratulations to the happy couple!!

6 comments:

Sara said...

I LOVE IT! Sat in the guest room last night for a bit imagining what it will eventually look like ;)

Awesome pic - I didn't get a chance to see it from head-on, since I was always the one holding it. It is beautiful!

Jane said...

Gorgeous!!!!!!

Diane said...

That is beautiful!!

Jaye said...

As you know I love the quilt and I think making it from your own design makes it even more special!!!

Andrea said...

WOW. All I can say is WOW!!!!!!! It is beautiful (and so its the bride! :)

Chris Daly said...

This is a beautiful quilt. What a lovely present.