Friday, May 23, 2008

Carnaval Festival

Here is some interesting news from this country mouse in the city....

I received a notice from my building manager last week that said the east garage door will be blocked this weekend and therefore I will not be able to park on the eastern half of the garage. I wasn't really all that concerned about it until this morning when I was talking to my boss about the notice. She asked "why are they blocking it?" I respond with "I don't know, I guess there is some neighborhood festival going on, let's see.... the notice says 'the annual, Carnaval Festival...." I didn't even get the chance to finish what I was saying. Her eyes popped out and she was "does the parade go by where you are? Can you see the street from your window? I've always wanted to come up to the city to see Carnaval."

I look at her as if she has grown a second head and am like "WHAT?" Turns out that right outside my window this festival will be going on all weekend. Check out the link http://www.carnavalsf.com/index.php. If you find the map and in order to give you a little perspective, I live at the corner of Harrison and 23rd.... It ain't gonna be a quiet weekend for me!!!

The HOD is gonna be party central, I'll only charge $5 to use my bathroom rather than the port-a-potties on the street!!

With any luck I'll get some great pictures and will post them up here next week!

5 comments:

Queen B said...

WOW! This is going to be fun! Wish I was there to go with you :( Can't wait to see pics

Jane said...

yeah for great pics!

Jenn Ann said...

This weekend should provide excellent blog material!

Andrea said...

between Carnaval and putting together my IKEA bookshelves I'll have WEEKS worth of blogging fodder!

Kim Thomas said...

I would definitely pay for bathroom. Maybe I should charge for the rose parade next year.