Saturday, August 16, 2008

It Finally Happened

Well, my body has finally made the decision that crappy junk food from McDonald's is not to be eaten. And yes, Mom, I broke my promise that I wouldn't eat there anymore...

Let me give you a little background. About three weeks ago I had some blood work done and went the the doctor for my annual physical and it didn't come back so well. I won't go into all of that, but let it be said that I made some quick changes in my lifestyle, which includes eating better and exercising. I now walk for about an hour or more at least four times a week and I do Pilate's twice a week (although I'm fixin' to change that plan to Monday, Wednesday, Friday walking and Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday Pilate's and Sunday relaxing with the possibility of a stroll or something non strenuous). And, I've started eating better. I cook some, I have regular meals, healthy snacks, and drink LOTS of water.

So, I'm doing good, or so I thought. Yesterday I went for my walk. I walked along the shore for about an hour and a half and decided that I would "treat" myself and stop at the golden arches for some chicken nuggets. I came home, had my nuggets and ranch dressing, relaxed for a while then went to bed. I woke up at 2 AM out of a dead sleep and threw up. I know, not the most pleasant thing to know about me. All day today I've been feeling just blehcky and have now completely sworn off McDonald's and this time I mean it. I know that my "issues" may not be with what I ate, but I saw "Super Size Me" and I've learned my lesson.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sooo sorry you got sick, really I am! But maybe you should not lie to your mother!!! Anonymous/MIT (check your emails about the other blog!)

Paula said...

I'm sorry you got sick too. Awesome of you to be making such a great lifestyle change. Wish I could get that motivated!

Jinjer said...

Sucks that you got sick! But on the other handm super proud of you for making lifestyle changes! So hard to commit to!! You are my inspiration!!

Kim Thomas said...

getting sick is terrible....I need motivation...

Jane said...

I saw Super Size me over 4th of July weekend.

It has been removed from any of my restaurant choices :(

Queen B said...

I am so proud of you :)