Saturday, August 16, 2008

I Miss WOW

I am about to confess a couple of things that only a few people know about me.

First, about this time last year I was in a not so good relationship. It wasn't necessarily a bad relationship, but it also wasn't one of my proudest moments. He was a nice guy, but a huge flake and it drain a lot out of me. I felt like I needed to take care of him, because I do that with everybody...guess it is my one and only maternal streak.

Second, about this time last year I started playing World of Warcraft, a.k.a. WOW. I was introduced to this phenomenon because of guy mentioned above. He was a total WOW freak and was up to like Level 70 or something when I met him. He belonged to guilds and totally lived the game. I started playing so that we would have something to talk about and it gave him something to help me with. Plus, it was a lot of fun to come home at the end of a frustrating day and go on line to fight trolls. I never really concentrated on advancing any single character, instead, I had like 8 characters in different worlds that I would move around and play. I more enjoyed creating new characters than advancing any single one character.

So, you may be asking why do you miss WOW? Well, when guy from above dumped me I wanted to wipe everything about him out of my life (that didn't really work, because we still chat periodically, but whatever) and that included stopping my playing of WOW. I not only stopped playing, I canceled my membership, I removed it from my computer, and gave away my copy. Lately, though I sorta miss coming home and playing. I miss building my characters up and running around finding expanding my map of the world of warcraft.


Well now you know, I have poor taste in men and I'm totally a geek at heart.

4 comments:

Queen B said...

you need to get a wii. Seriously. It will give you the same outlet as WOW, but it is cool ;)

instead of dealing with trolls, you can learn to play the guitar, bowl, play tennis, or play with Mario.

Paula said...

The Wii is a great idea!!! I'm hoping Santa brings it (and Wii Fit) to our house this year!

My sister-in-law and her daughter play WOW all the time.

Jinjer said...

First, he is a loser for dumping you! Second, if you like WOW, then play it! A few times of playing it and you will forget he introduced you to it and you will get to level 500!! Now go fight some trolls!

Kim Thomas said...

I was going to suggest the WII too......comne on!!!