Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Directions On My Hand Lotion Bottle

Personally, I'm pretty well aware of how to use hand lotion, however, the bottle that I recently received had the following on the back:
Directions:
Cranberry Brown Sugar Lotion with Green Tea Extract is a light moisturizing lotion. With Antioxidants and Vitamin E, it will nourish and hydrate when applied to skin. Cranberry and Green tea Extracts have been known to protect the skin from both long and short term damage from the sun's ultraviolet rays. Perfect when used following our Cranberry Brown Sugar Scrub.
I copied this straight from the bottle, inconsistencies in capitalization and all.

Now tell me, where are the actual directions in all of that? I would think directions for lotion would go something like
Step 1. Squeeze out dime-size amount into palm of hand.
Step 2. Rub into skin.
Step 3. Wipe off palms because they are now too greasy to be of any real
use and do not try to turn a door knob because that is just flat out
impossible!!

3 comments:

Queen B said...

LMAO at both sets of directions. your tech writing background really shines through :)

also...you have inspired today's copy cat post!

Paula said...

LMAO

Kim Thomas said...

This is a fabulous post. I agree with your set of directions the first part is general commentary