Sunday, January 11, 2009

Saturday Was A Good Day

Samantha decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather that we are having in the city and take a trip down to the Ferry Building and then shuttle over to Sausalito for a drink on the water. We were going to go to Tiburon as well, but it turns out that there isn't a ferry that goes to both places (different companies) so we are already planning on doing that trip next month. 

We left the Mission District around 11:30 on BART (the subway in San Francisco) and arrived at the Embarcadero about 11:50. We walked to the Ferry building where they were holding their weekend Farmer's Market. Inside the Ferry Building there are a number of permanent shops, but outside a lot of the area farms come into town and peddle their wonderful fresh foods. Here is a picture of the inside of the Ferry Building: 
We bought our tickets and had some time to kill before the ferry left so we wandered around the market. Across the street are a number of arts and craft vendors. There were some very pretty jewelry pieces and pictures. We also tasted some of the samples that the shops had available, yummy fruits and jams and olive oils. However, it was soon time to board the ferry so Sam and I headed to the dock. 

Once on the ferry, she and I sat on the upper deck and enjoyed the sun. Here are a couple of shots from the ferry: 

Bay Bridge Off The Boat
Boats Out On The Bay
Samantha and I on The Boat 
We landed in Sausalito and walked around a bit finally ended up at Horizons restaurant and had a nice drink and an appetizer while over looking the water. 
Samantha and I then headed back over to San Francisco. More Pictures: 

Golden Gate Bridge
Port of San Francisco
After the trip to Sausalito, Samantha and I headed back to her place where we had a fire in her fire pit: 
For dinner Samantha and Rick, her gentleman friend, took me to an Ethiopian restaurant, Cafe Colucci, where I had the opportunity to try a whole new cuisine. While some parts of the meal I enjoyed a great deal (the chicken, shrimp, and I think I would have liked the lamb except it was too spicy for me, I liked the Buticha and Salata), other parts, like the bread stuff that is used to eat with (there is no flatware), I really didn't like. 

Afterwards, we headed home, they dropped me off, and I basked in the great day that I had. 

5 comments:

LoSpace said...

Very nice day! Did the Ethiopian restaurant have the weird undercooked bluish sponge-y bread? I couldn't decide if I liked it or didn't!

Andrea said...

The weather looks gorgeous- What a great day! I am envious.

Kim Thomas said...

I have never had Ethiopean cuisine. This looks like a very fun weekend.

Queen B said...

these are definitely the Bay Days I miss :(

Sam said...

That was a perfect day..... wish we were on the ferry today too.. its going to be in the 70's F.!!