Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Party Planning for the Office

My office is having a party next Tuesday and I somehow was elected to be the person who "gets" to organize the whole thing. Mind you, this isn't my responsibility and I don't have any control over budget nor do I have access to the list of attendees, but I get to plan the location, menu, and activities. 

So, this evening I got to stay late at the office putting the last touches on the menu. This is what is being served: 
  • 2 drinks per person
  • goat cheese and artichoke dip
  • tomato & garlic bruschetta
  • mango & chicken quesadillas
  • vegetable spring rolls
  • calamari
  • chicken taquitos
  • spinach & cheese stuffed mushrooms
  • chicken tenders in spicy wing sauce
  • BBQ baby back ribs
  • mini sliders
  • fresh fruit & cheese plate
  • vegetable plate
  • chips with salsa and fresh guacamole
We are also going to have two pool tables available for people to use. 

So, do you all think there will be enough food and all the various cultures and people that will be attending? My big worry now is that either a) people won't show up and I'll be stuck with ALL this food, or b) people WILL show up and not have fun and then I'll be the party planning laughing stock of the company. 

Why, Why, Why do I let myself get involved in coordinating these sorts of things? 

2 comments:

Paula said...

That is an amazing variety...I think you got that covered. But without knowing quantity of people, is 2 pool tables enough or will there be anything else?

Queen B said...

Looks great to me. where's it at?