Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Goings On

I know that I haven't been posting much lately, and I really don't have any excuse, other than I don't really have anything specific that I wanted to discuss. Nothing too terribly exciting has been going on in my world, at least not since I came back from the HCBC gathering in So. Cal.

I've had terrible computer problems with my work laptop. They were so bad that it got to the point where my baby had to be replaced and I'll never be able to get back into the flow of how I used to work. They couldn't rebuild it exactly, so I'm having to relearn where all my normal files are since I am used to just going to my short cuts. Today, for some reason, all of my personal folders in my mailbox are gone, and if they can't be recovered I am SCREWED!! I also lost my full version of Acrobat, which has now limited me in some of the things that I used to do. Ah well, that is one of the things that makes work interesting, huh?

This past weekend was a lot of fun, very relaxing, but fun. I walked over to a shopping center on Saturday and then had Samantha and her mom pick me up with Kenya, her dog. The three of us headed out to Crissy Field and had a great picnic of sparkling wine, salami, bread, and fresh mozzarella with tomatoes. We enjoyed the great weather and then took Kenya for a short walk along the beach. Saturday evening Samantha and I walked over to this Mexican restaurant that I've driven past a number of times. I thought it was a sit down place, but it turns out it is an order at the counter and they bring the food out. It was very tasty, but I not the best I've had.

Sunday, Samantha, Kenya, and I went for another walk. This time it was up and down some of the big San Francisco hills in the neighborhood. While we were only out for about 45 minutes to an hour, it felt like a much longer walk. I came home and ended up just hanging out around my place. I watched the Super Bowl, but wasn't really impressed with what I watch it for...the commercials. The game, on the other hand, was actually pretty exciting, even though I wasn't really interested in either of the teams winning.

That was about the weekend for me.

4 comments:

Queen B said...

thanks for the updates - good to hear your voice :)

Paula said...

Can I trade lives with you for a month?

Sam said...

you did something else very exciting and something you should be proud of in my opinion! But are you keeping that under wraps for a bit?

Andrea said...

Tell all!