Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Valhalla Renaissance Faire - My Weekend Part II

I wake up Saturday morning and it is all rainy and cold and not very Faire-like weather, but we are still going to do this...

I get my shower taken and because I like to have noise in my room as I'm getting ready, so I turn on my television. You will never guess, but yes, I am coming to realize that I have the room from HELL!! I have only ONE station on my television. Luckily, it is Saturday morning cartoons... not necessarily good cartoons.... but cartoons none the less. I go over the Angie and Seamus's room to help Angie with some of her stuff and then Seamus comes over to my room to lace me into my bodice. While there, he acknowledges that I have bad cartoons on and asks why. I tell him that I only have one station and then ask if they have more... I just assumed that the hotel only got one station.... turns out, I was the only lucky one to get this treatment!! 

So, we get ourselves altogether and head out. I get in the car to drive and realize almost immediately that there is no way that I can drive. I'm in this bodice that limits my movement and hampers my driving ability so before I even start the car Seamus and I do a quick switch-a-roo and he drives. We get to the faire, pile out of the car and start putting all the final touches of our costumes on. Seamus goes to get the wine-barrel wagon out of the truck and finds out that sadly one of the wheels has broken on the trip up, so we had to make alternative plans for carrying Aidan (who, by the way, is about 6 - 7 months old). As I said earlier, it is rainy and cold and very Scottish Moors weather. 

The crowd at the Faire was light as I'm sure the weather kept people away, although the folks that were there were in costume, for the most part and Angie and Seamus knew many of them. Everybody was very happy to see them and the baby. We watched Seamus participate in a sword fight with his friends at Brotherhood of the Black Flag. We joined the Valhalla Fellowship in preparation for Aidan's Christening that was occurring on Sunday. After a good couple of circuits around the grounds we decided that it was best to head back to the hotel and get warm and dry. Since it had been a stressful day the three of use decided that we would just stay in, order pizza, and watch television in Angie and Seamus's room....mostly because they had more than one channel. Oh and we polished off what was left in the flasks since rum isn't supposed to sit in the flasks over night. 

We headed to bed early as we were all pretty tired. I went back to my room (no raccoon this time), after washing my face and brushing my teeth I crawled into bed to read a little. Then I heard a popping/pinging sound. I went back into the bathroom to investigate and realized that the porcelain was coming off of my sink and when it breaks away from the sink, it pops.... who knew? I determined that there was nothing that I could do about this and went back to bed. I soon was unable to hold my eyes open any longer and I turned off my light and fell asleep. 

1:30 in the morning I'm awoken by a huge bang as if something is coming through my ceiling and then I hear shouting and screaming and crashing and I realize that the people in the room above me (newlyweds, by the way) are having a knock down screaming fight. So, I roll over and call the front desk and report this. This goes on for about 2 hours off and on and then either I learned to completely tune them out or they left.... I'm not certain what happened but I finally go back to sleep. 

1 comment:

Queen B said...

OMG. This is DEFINITELY the room from hell! At first I thought you were being woken up by your sink crashing to the floor. I'm not sure which is worse. On the one hand, if it had been the sink, the problem would have been over and done with. But then that probably would have created a whole new set of issues.

Glad the faire part was fun, at least :) Good to know that driving while in corset should not be attempted!