Monday, October 5, 2009

The Pounds SHOULD Be Dropping Off

Well, it has been a whole week of very healthy eating. While at the castle there has only been one meal that has been eaten out and that was because the Queen and I were strolling down college memory lane prior to going to Midnight Yell Practice on Friday night. Some of the items that the King has prepared are:

Grilled Chicken with brown rice and grilled vegetables and a salad with Granny Smith apples, craisins, and a champagne vinaigrette dressing
Steak with potatoes and grilled vegetables and a salad (with more champagne vinaigrette dressing)
Roasted Chicken with rice and vegetables (lots of broccoli and asparagus)
Chicken stir-fry with all sorts of scrumptious veggies that I didn't think I would eat but because I didn't want to hurt the King's feelings I tried and turned out I actually like them.
Sauteed chicken and veggies in a wine reduction sauce with garlic and thyme in the rice

All the yummy foods are sorta running together as there is always enough for leftovers the next day. The times that the King hasn't cooked for me, the Queen has actually shown some talent in the kitchen and makes a really tasty Grilled Cheese Sandwich.

Every night as we wander off to bed the King sets out my cereal bowl and glass for the next morning, so I'm having breakfast each morning before I leave the house. I also take an apple with me for my mid afternoon snack.

On top of this, I started using the Castle's on site work out facilities and have to climb up stairs to get to my room. PLUS, I've been doing a lot of wandering around the campus for work.

We're keeping our fingers crossed that with the good food and the exercise that I'll be able to get my body on track towards a healthy second half.

6 comments:

Queen B said...

I'm highly appreciative that the King tries to make living healthy as easy as possible :) Glad you're along for the ride!

Jenn Ann said...

There's another guest bedroom at the castle right? I'm moving in...

Queen B said...

2 more ;) the boys can even have one... Chris has expressed interested in doing homemade baby food ;)

KFuj said...

I want to move into the Castle!! I will come help Jenn with the boys!

Jaye said...

Okay, after cooking for 45 years, I am ready to let someone else take over! And I am not the picky eater you are! I think you all need a house mother....I can do laundry!

Kim Thomas said...

What this tells me: I need a King