Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Dr. Pepper after Dark

Last night I had a diet Dr. Pepper in the evening and then it took me forever to go to sleep. True, it could possibly be because I slept late yesterday and had a fairly lazy day, but I'm certain that the caffeine late at night is not a wise decision.

Something did, however, lead to a VERY weird dream. (Could have been the caffeine, could have been the pepperoni rolls, could have been the mani/pedi, who knows.) I've started thinking about what my next living arrangement step is going to be and have been looking at lofts to purchase, or at least pictures of available lofts. Last night I dreamt of viewing one of these lofts and really liking it and then my aunt Janice (who has never been in a dream, that I recall) appears as the person who is selling the loft and starts taking me around to look at all of it, which is REALLY HUGE (3 stories...again, in a loft?), but totally falling apart. We then go walking out in the backyard (and tell me what loft has a backyard?) and she keeps pointing out things to me, like the basketball court and the extra room that comes with 15 dogs and a roommate, who is a nurse...go figure.

I wake up all of a sudden because there is a really loud noise in my room and it takes me a minute to figure out what it is, then realize that it is my fan (yes, it is winter, I sleep under four quilts, and still have a fan on...more for the white noise than anything), so I turn the fan off, take another Rolaids, crawl back in bed and make a mental note: "What a weird dream, I need to try and blog about it in the morning."

5 comments:

Queen B said...

haha! that is a crazy dream... did the 15 dogs welcome you like Princess does? yip yip yip.....

Was the roommate Ruth??

Can't believe you used a "." in Dr Pepper :)

KFuj said...

Milk makes me have crazy dreams.

I love that you used a "." in Dr. Pepper!!

Jane said...

Caffeine after dark is a crazy dream creator

Jenn Ann said...

15 dogs greeting you like Princess would likely be a nightmare...wouldn't it? ;)

Kim Thomas said...

I have the most bizarre caffeine induced dreams. This is definitely from the caffeine.