Friday, December 25, 2009

Flashback Friday


In 1979 my grandparents rented a four-plex in Florida and the whole family all trekked there for Christmas. My grandmother cut the words to one of her favorite songs out of gold foil paper and taped them to the wall in the hall. These were also always over the fireplace when we had Christmas at her house. I bring this up because this year my sister (top right corner of the picture) has gone to Florida with her kids and husband's family to enjoy the sun and surf for the holidays. This was a great time and we had a lot of memories from this trip. I hope Marti and family create their own memories. (Also in picture, my cousin Danny, top left, cousin Debbie, bottom right, and me, bottom left.)

Merry Christmas to everybody!!

4 comments:

KFuj said...

I was wondering how the words got on the wall. That's a neat idea. I love family vacations around the holidays.

Queen B said...

Merry Christmas! Hope you have a great day with your parents :)

love the wording/wall idea...

Kim Thomas said...

Merry Christmas to Marti, Family and the entire Dodds family!

Jane said...

How super cool!! Merry Christmas!