Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Dr. Pepper vs Dr Pepper

Yesterday, I received a little flak for putting the period after the "Dr" in "Dr Pepper". This morning, I decided to do a little research to figure out if there was some odd chance that I was correct in including the period. Turns out that if I were writing this blog 70 years ago, I would have been.

From Wikipedia: The period (fullstop) after "Dr" was discarded for stylistic and legibility reasons in the 1950s. Dr Pepper's logo was redesigned and the text in this new logo was slanted. The period made "Dr." look like "Di:". After some debate, the period was removed for good (it had been used off and on in previous logos), as it would also help remove any medical connotation with the product.

So, I'm just a little behind in my times. I will try my utmost to not make this mistake again.


3 comments:

KFuj said...

I'm right there with you. Who knew they got rid of the period. It was just the teacher in me yesterday.

Queen B said...

LOL. Is this where we say "oh, ABBA's an old soul" ? :)

I mainly brought it up because I swear it was you who originally brought it to my attention that there wasn't one!

Kim Thomas said...

LOL! Move out of the 50's and into the 2010's...LMAO