Thursday, February 4, 2010

Another Guild Meeting

I'm sitting in my 3rd Quilt Guild meeting in a month. That is 2 more than I went to the whole time I lived in San Francisco.
The first meeting was with the Plano Guild...nice and small. Not an overly friendly bunch, but I did meet one nice newish quilter, who I hope I'll see when I return.
Next was with the Frisco Guild, and I went ahead and joined that group. They were very friendly ladies and they provide a smorgasborg of snacks that the members bring in. That is a guild I can see myself getting VERY involved with.
Tonight is the Dallas Guild. Many, many moons ago I used to be a member of this guild. I believe they have shrunk since I was last here. That and they've lost some of their sparkle. Sadly, I will not be able to make it to the guild show this year as it is the same weekend as my planned trip to see my Grandma. I guess I'll have to wait until next year to see if their show is much of anything.
Needless to say, I'm ready to saturate myself with quilting. A month and a half I'll be in my place and will be ready to start pumping out the goods... I CAN'T WAIT!!!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Party at ABBA's!!!!!!

Queen B said...

I love that they're called guilds and not cults ;)

Kim Thomas said...

three cheers for the smorgasboard