Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday

Well, I tried my best to have my own little version of Mardi Gras last night, but it really only consisted of me feeding the puppies a second supper and killing 1/2 a half-gallon container of peppermint ice cream. The Queen and I had planned on spending the evening indulging in a gluttonous evening of American Idol and Creme Brulee, but due to the King's injury, she was a unavailable (which is also why the puppies got fed twice as we weren't certain if the King had fed them before he left).

This morning I woke up all ready to do the Lent thing and declare what I'm going to abstain from for the coming weeks until Easter:
  • Ice cream (hence the need to kill the peppermint)
  • Carbonated drinks (therefore, no Dr Pepper and no Sprite....oh and no beer or champagne...)
  • Chocolate (which kicks my morning Chocolate Milk out the window)
Let's hope I can do this...I feel pretty strongly that I can....

5 comments:

Queen B said...

if the king has gone 48 days without alcohol, you can totally do this!

LoSpace said...

:) yep, decided I'm definitely giving up french fries...

Diane said...

Good luck especially with the chocolate.

Jane said...

holy cow - three items. Im giving up Super Mario Borthers

KFuj said...

I'm giving up sex, should be pretty easy since I'm so uncomfortable and if Kyle comes early I will have 6 weeks of recovery :-)

Seriously though, I'm going to be doing something for others rather than giving up... This week I will be sending maternity clothes to a friend in need.