Saturday, February 27, 2010

Cirque du Soleil - Alegria

Last night I went and saw the Cirque du Soleil show Alegria at the Dr Pepper Arena in Frisco. It was FANTASTIC!! I'd never been to a Cirque show before and now I'm completely addicted. I'll even make a trip to Vegas just to go see the ones that are playing there...any takers to join?

Just watching what these youngsters can do really inspired me. Not that I could EVER contort or control my body in that fashion, but just to have an inkling of the power they have makes me want to climb back on that health wagon.

Of course, today I'm counteracting all that amazing physical energy and spectacular visuals for a day of sitting in a hotel ballroom with 50 other ladies and quilting the day away.... Maybe I'll be inspired in a different way today.

4 comments:

Jane said...

The first time I went I did so under "I love you so I will go" circumstances.

I fell in love that day too

Diane said...

I will go, I want to see O and Mystere. I have seen Zoomanity.

Kim Thomas said...

I have never been nor have I had ant interest to go. Sounds like I need to expand my horizons

Sam said...

yes that is one of their better shows..not so sure about the new one. i have heard mixed reviews about their new show. However, I still remember seeing Alegria and being in awe. I would love to see O and I think thats playing in Vegas... I think thats a good reason to go to vegas ( besides the overall vegas experience of debauchery lol) and I have some info on good deals at the wynn or encore :-)