Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Shoe Impact

I realized this morning that I have a different attitude depending on the shoes that I'm wearing. I know this isn't something new to the rest of the world, but it dawned on me as I was walking to my office this morning.
  • When I wear heels, I walk with more purpose and importance.
  • When I wear flats (like my sad black Bass loafers from 5 years ago), I feel all schlumpy and want to sort of fade into the background.
  • When I wear kitten heels, I feel a bit like a drag queen, even though I think they are supposed to make me feel sexy.
  • When I wear casual shoes (e.g., sports shoes and/or flip flops), I feel pretty laid back, not surprising, and like I don't really care.
How are your shoes making you feel?

6 comments:

Queen B said...

so......do the shoes set the mood, or do you pick the shoes based on mood?

Diane said...

Lately I have been wearing flat tall boots because they are comfy. I would like to wear flip flops all the time!

Jaye said...

Hmmm,very deep, Queen!! My first and main thought is comfort!!! Sneakers forever!!

Queen B said...

I'm with your mom..... comfort! for me that is flip flops :) I could not be more ready for spring!

Jane said...

purpose and importance

Kim Thomas said...

with Jane, heels make all the difference